Saturday, January 21, 2012

Eucalyptus heart wreath.


Remember the paper flower I showed you how to make last week? Here is what I did with mine! I made this wreath out of eucalyptus branches from the gully by our house, but this is a great way to decorate any wreath for Valentine's day.

Honestly, I really had no clue what I was doing when I was making the wreath, and I am sure there is a much better way of going about it, so I'm not going to post a full tutorial.

For those who are curious however, here's a quick rundown: I made the frame by cutting the hook part off of a wire coat hanger & wrangling it into a heart shape. I then twisted several branches around the wire (starting at the bottom of the heart, & allowing the extra leaves to dangle into the heart at the top). I wrapped floral wire around the whole thing to secure it, and then I tucked individual leaves in to fill out the wreath & hide the wire. I used wire to attach the ribbon for hanging, and I glued the flower on using E6000.

I'm not thrilled with the way it came out, but since it's only going to be up for a few weeks it's good enough that I'm not going to redo it. I love the smell of the eucalyptus, and I'm already brainstorming how to use it in my spring decorations. Let me know if you have any ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.