Thursday, January 19, 2012

Crock pot sweet and spicy meatloaf (recipe).


This recipe is an adaptation of a recipe given to me by my sweet friend Amanda from back home (I miss you Amanda! Please come visit again soon ❤). Cooking the meatloaf in the crock pot means you can come home to a completely finished dish, and it keeps it moist (even if it cooks a little longer than it should...).

This makes a lot - about 8 servings, but I wanted to have enough to cover the entire bottom of the crock pot. Good thing it makes delicious leftovers. You can also make this in the oven; bake covered for one hour at 350 degrees F.



Ingredients
2 lb lean ground beef
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 eggs
1 tbs (3 cubes) beef bouillon
1 cup bread crumbs
salt & pepper

1 cup ketchup
2 tbs brown sugar
2 tbs sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy)
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp cayenne powder

Instructions
1) Mix together beef, onion, eggs, bouillon, & bread crumbs. Add salt & pepper to taste.
2) Make glaze by mixing together ketchup, sugar, chili sauce, mustard, & cayenne.
3) Gently press meat mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the crock pot (don't press down too hard - it will make the meat loaf dense). Spoon the glaze over the top.
4) Cook on low for 5 hours. Remove from pot, slice, & serve.

2 comments:

  1. My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
    Allora Vienna Series Intermediate Oboe Model AAOB-802

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.