Thursday, May 31, 2012

Roasted pork chops and potato stacks (two recipes!).


I made these pork chops and potato stacks the same night that I made the Roasted broccoli and parmesan bowls. I must say, it was a pretty marvelous dinner! This is the way that I almost always cook my pork chops, and they always come out delicious. The potato stacks were something new for me, but I think they will become a regular dish.


I sear the pork chops on the stove top to seal in the flavor, and to create that nice brown crust. Then I move them into the oven to cook through. They always come out nice and juicy this way.
Roasted Pork Chops
Ingredients (for two)
2 pork chops
3 tbs olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 ts kosher salt
1/4 ts ground black pepper
1 ts crushed oregano

Instructions
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f.

2) Mix together the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Rub the mix all over the pork chops.

3) Heat a pan over medium heat, then add the pork chops. Sear for approximately 1 minute on each side (including the edges). Don't move the pork chops around until you are ready to flip them; movement can mess up that lovely browning action.

4) Transfer the pork chops into the oven and roast for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees f. I prefer to use an oven safe pan to sear the chops in, so that I can just move the whole thing into the oven. If you don't have a large enough pan that can go from stovetop to oven, you can just transfer them to a baking sheet. 

5) Remove the pork chops from the oven, and let them rest for about 5 minutes before serving.


Roasted Potato Stacks
Ingredients (makes 9 stacks, serves 3)
8 small red potatoes
3 tbs olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 ts rosemary
1/2 ts rubbed sage
1 ts kosher salt

Instructions
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f. 

2) Mix together the oil, garlic, rosemary, sage, and salt.

3) Thinly slice the potatoes. Toss them with the oil mixture.

4) Make small potato stacks in a muffin tin. I only used the flat slices for my stacks; I tossed all of the rounded end pieces together into one of the other muffin tin spots. I used these as my test potatoes to check for doneness. 

5) Bake approximately 30 minutes, until potatoes are soft in the middle and golden on top.



I link up to these link parties.

10 comments:

  1. Those Potato Stacks looks So great! And the chops too- but I love me some red potatos!! Thanks for sharing this so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually have another red potato recipe coming up soon. If I was just cooking for myself, I might have potatoes every night, lol :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness this looks delicious! I love pork and am always looking for new recipes. I will definitely try this one. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those potato stacks are so great! Pinned this recipe and can't wait to give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Johanna! I hope I get to link up again this month :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.