Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cheesy artichoke bread (guest post from Prickly Banana)

Good morning everyone! Today we are trading blogs, and I am happily handing my blog over to the talented Cheryl from Prickly Banana. I am always amazed by the beautiful furniture restorations that Cheryl shares; she has a great eye for the potential that a piece of beat down furniture still holds. Check out this amazing chair refurbish that she did.


In return, I am posting over at Prickly Banana today. Be sure to go check it out (I made oat & jam bars), and take a look around. A big "Thank you!" to Melissa from Serendipity and Spice for organizing this wonderful blog swap.


Now, without further ado, here's Cheryl:

Hey there everyone!!  I am so excited to be guest posting for Monica here at M Double M!  I am a new follower of M Double M and already I can tell this will be a valuble resource when I need to get my creative juices moving!  Monica has some really awesome recipes that I will be trying VERY soon.

It is garden time for many of us and if you are anything like me, you will be up to your earlobes in Zucchini.  Monica's recipe for Cheesy Sausage and Zucchini Casserole will take care of your zucchini overload.

This recipe I actually made tonight and it was Ah-May-ZING!!!  Crock Pot Chicken and Black Bean Burritos defy the meaning of delicious (the kids loved them).  And super easy to boot!

I thought with all of Monica's awesome recipes, I would throw down a little challenge if you will.  I present to you the Cheesy Artichoke Bread!

I had a jar of artichokes in my pantry for no lie....about a year.   It was really time I used them, for something.
I was making pasta for dinner and was going to toast some italian bread when genious struck.
Cheesy Artichoke Bread.  It's cheesy, it's artichoky, and, well ...bread.



Here is what you will need:
* 1 loaf italian bread
* about a large handful of mozzerella cheese ( I am not one for exact measurements)
* 2 heaping tablespoons of mayonaise
* 2 cloves garlic
* about 1/2 cup parmesean cheese
* 1 tablespoon dry italian dressing mix
* small jar marinated artichokes

First, you will need to chop your artichokes.  Just a rough dice is fine.  You will not need any of the marinating liquid.  Next add about 1/4 cup of mayonaise and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
I used 2 cloves of garlic, but you can adjust to suit your taste buds.  I also added some fresh ground black pepper and then about one handful of mozzerella cheese.  Mix all together.
Cut your bread in half lengthwise and then into thirds (or whatever size you like).
Spread a heaping spoon of mixture on each piece of bread.
I topped each piece with a pinch more mozzerella cheese.  Bake at 350 until hot and bubbly.  Serve immediately.
Enjoy, these were quite addictive.  As I was eating them, I thought it would be a great idea to add crab meat and make it a meal.  These with a salad would make a cheap, easy, and delicious meal!!
I hope you enjoy this awesome recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.