Thursday, May 3, 2012

Banana bread (recipe).


I love banana bread for breakfast, so anytime I have some extra ripe bananas I like to whip up a batch. This recipe is perfect; it's a little sweet, moist enough to eat alone, and absolutely delicious toasted with a little butter. This recipe is also great made as muffins or mini muffins (I love those little bite size mini muffins!)



Perfectly ripe bananas for baking
Ingredients
4 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup flour

Instructions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.

2) Beat together the banana, sugar, butter, and egg.

3) Sift in the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.

4) Pour batter into greased pan (I use an 8 inch loaf pan).

5) Bake 40 to 50 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.

* To make muffins: bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees f; makes about 12 muffins, or 30 mini muffins.



2 comments:

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.