Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Roasted broccoli served in a parmesan bowl (delicious side dish).



I finally did it! I finally got around to making roasted broccoli! I have seen rave reviews for this recipe all over Pinterest, and I've been wanting to make it for months now. Broccoli is one of the few vegetable that the hubby and I both actually enjoy eating, and this is our new favorite way to eat it.

I followed this Parmesan Roasted Broccoli recipe from Grateful Belly. I didn't change the recipe, so I'm not going to rewrite it all here. Essentially, you toss the broccoli with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and toasted bread crumbs. Then roast it in the oven about 10 minutes at 425 degrees f (taste test for doneness). Toss some parmesan in when it is finished roasting, and you are done. 


To make the broccoli extra special, I made edible parmesan cheese bowls to serve it in. They sound and look very fancy, but they were actually so easy! All you need is parchment paper, two matching bowls, a microwave, and, of course, parmesan cheese. The Yummy Life has an excellent step by step recipe with pictures right here. All you do is melt the cheese in the microwave, then mold it with the two bowls. You can even store them for up to five days. I will definitely make these in advance next time I'm entertaining; they have so much "WOW" factor.

I link up to these parties.

5 comments:

  1. My stomach just literally roared! Yum this looks so good! I am such a sucker for anything the could be refered to as "bunny food"! (as my father likes to put it!) So adding this to my list of yummies to try!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessa! I hope you love it as much as we did :)

      Delete
  2. This looks super yummy. I have come to LOVE roasted veggies over the last couple of years but haven't tried broccoli yet. I will now :) Love the Parmesan bowls too. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great day :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I need to roast veggies more often. It's so yummy, and I usually forget about it as a cooking method.

      Delete

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.