Monday, April 1, 2013

March instagrams (photography).

April is here, and it's time for another Instagram round-up. I think I say this every month, but I can't believe how fast time is flying by! March was another great month, and I'm excited that Spring is officially here; longer days, warmer temps, and more sunshine make me a happy lady. We had a great time with Matt's brother & sister-in-law, Matt enjoyed his spring break (he worked most of the time, but we enjoyed having a full weekend off together - a true rarity), and we ended the month with a wonderful Easter party yesterday hosted by our friends Adriane and Rhys. As always, you can follow along on Instagram @MdoubleMcrafts.



Spring is here in full bloom; there are fresh flowers and tender new green leaves everywhere. I'm loving the extra sunshine, and I can't wait until it's warm enough to swim again.

 
We enjoyed a few more beautiful sunsets down in La Jolla. It's been grey along the coast most of the month (the dreaded marine layer/"May grey"/"June gloom" effect), but there were a few days where it cleared up later in the day.


The doggies were as photogenic as always; they both belong to the family I nanny for. On the left, the younger (one year old) had a noble moment of reflection before reverting to his normal goofy self. On the right, the older (13 year old) woke up the moment I tried to snap a picture of him sleeping and gave me this look.


I was feeling artsy when I snapped these pics. I especially love the high contrast of the shadow in the pic on the left. Random trivia fact: those yellow reflector bumps are called Bott's dots (which is just fun to say).


For the Easter party, I made potatoes au gratin. I based the recipe on The Pioneer Woman's recipe (I'll post my version soon), and everyone loved them. I made a double batch so that I'll have a pan for when my uncle, aunt, and cousin are here this week. Therefore I ended up cutting five pounds of potatoes, and a whole head of garlic. It's hard to go wrong when you start with potatoes and garlic :)

Here's to another great month coming up. Did you do anything fun for April Fools' Day? I completely missed the boat this year, maybe I'll have to have a makeup May Fools' Day next month. Last year I went all out though; you can see my tricks here, and my inspiration here.

Pin It I link up to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.