Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy birthday cards (silhouette craft).

Unfortunately, I think I mis-addressed this card, resulting in it never being received. Shucks.
I made a few more birthday cards, and a Valentine's day card last month using the Silhouette. I'm getting more comfortable using it, and there's less error in my trial and error process now. These 3 designs are all pretty simple, so I'll just give you a quick rundown of how I made them. I have a box of blank 4.25" by 5.5" cards and envelopes, so I use those as the base when I am making cards to mail.

For the first card (above), I simply chose a font I liked, and laid it out with the balloons. I put a rounded rectangle that was slightly smaller than my card around the design, and then I cut it out. I glued the design to the front of the card, then colored in the balloons with colored pencils. Easy and cute.



For the second batch of cards, I downloaded this design (you can find it here). I cut the back part of the design off (since I wanted to glue it to the card I already had), then resized the design to fit my card, cut it, and glued it on. I've been using a glue stick to glue the designs on, and it works okay, but can get a little messy/sticky sometimes. I'd love to hear if you have a better way of putting it all together.


This final card is a Valentine's day card for Matt. Since I didn't have to mail it, I made it big. This is a full sheet of cardstock folded in half. The heart was a free design a few months ago (you can still find it here), and the words are simply typed out. I tried a different font at first, but it was too thin, and very hard to work with when cut out. I like this script because it is thick enough to stay together. In order to prevent the letters from being cut out separately, you must group them before cutting. I think the heart really makes this card. Can you imagine trying to cut that out by hand?!

 Pin It I link up to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.