Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Coconut orange pineapple smoothie (recipe).


I've been making and drinking so many smoothies lately. One of my main pregnancy cravings has been smoothies, and it's a craving that I am happy to indulge in (especially since I got a new blender for Christmas!). I've been experimenting with flavors, and I recently started throwing a handful of coconut in with the fruit. It provides a fantastic tropical burst of flavor to the drink.

This recipe makes a fairly thin smoothie; simply use less juice if you want it to be thicker. I always use frozen fruit because it thickens the smoothie without having to add ice (plus it's so convenient). If you are using unfrozen pineapple, you should add a few ice cubes to the mix. This tropical smoothie brings a little bit of summer in anytime of the year.

Coconut Orange Pineapple Smoothie
Makes two smoothies

Ingredients
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 banana
1/2 cup yogurt (I like to use plain Greek yogurt)
1 cup orange juice (you could also use pineapple juice)

Instructions
1) Combine all ingredients in blender and mix until smooth. Serve. 


 Pin It I link up to these parties.

7 comments:

  1. That looks great. i'm sure the bit of coconut is a really nice bit of flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks sooooo yummy! I am pinning this so I can make it soon! :) I nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can check it out here: http://aprons-n-pearls.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love smoothies and this one looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds and looks delicious. We are in the midst of another snowstorm, so I could use a touch of summer!
    Thanks for linking this up to Saturday Sparks. Stop by Friday to see the Viewer Favorites.
    Have a Wonderful Day,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's face it; our diets are becoming increasingly calorie rich, yet devoid of the nutrients. Juicing can be the healthy addition to our diets that we need. Now, If you don't know how to choose the best juicer for making juices from leafy greens I started my “juice way”. Did you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love smoothies and this one looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.