Sunday, February 17, 2013

Shredded beef from the crock pot (recipe).




This is another simple and easy recipe for meat in the crockpot. I love throwing beef or chicken into the slow cooker in the morning even if I have no idea what I'm going to make with it later on. It's versatile, and it makes putting dinner together so easy. We ate this shredded beef on sandwiches the first night, the second night I used some in a breakfast casserole, and the third night I added a little extra spice & put it in tacos. It was delicious all three ways, and it was so convenient to have this already prepared to use each night.




Slow Cooker Shredded Beef

Ingredients
3 lb boneless chuck roast (mine started out frozen)
1 cup beef broth
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1.5 tbs dried mince onions
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp sage

Instructions
1) Combine all ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on low for about 8 hours.

2) Use a fork to shred the beef. Take the lid off, and allow the juices to reduce for 30 - 60 minutes (depending on how juicy you want it).


This was delicious topped with cheese and peperoncinis!


 Pin It I link up to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.