Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day (writer's workshop).


Aren't these bags adorable?! I won them from The Mandatory Mooch.


Happy Valentine's Day! Whether you are celebrating with friends, a new fling, a long time love, family, or even treating yourself to a quiet night alone, I hope you are enjoying yourself and treating yourself well. This year I'm sharing with you the highs and lows of my Valentine's experiences over the years.



The Good
I am very very very excited for Valentine's this year because Matt and I are going to do something incredibly special! Today is the day that we get to find out if we are having a baby boy or a baby girl! This will be the first time we get to see our little sweet pea in an ultrasound picture, and I can't wait. I can't think of anything that I'd rather do on this Valentine's Day. Matt and I both arranged to have the day off, and we're looking forward to spending the whole day together, and having a nice dinner out later this evening. I'm certain that this is a Valentine's Day that I will look back on with fondness for the rest of my life!

The Bad
When I saw that the prompt for this weeks writer's workshop was a Valentine's Day that you remember, the first memory that popped into my head is one of the worst Valentine's date I ever had. This happened back in high school, with a guy I had been dating for a few weeks (believe me, it didn't last long after this). We saw a movie together (not a bad start - not great, but not terrible either), and then decided to get some food. I guess he decided Taco Bell was a fabulous place for a romantic date, so that's where we headed. By the time we parked and got out of the car I was pretty annoyed (I don't know why I didn't just say something). He got out of the car ahead of me, and started walking to the door. When I got out of the car I slammed the door, but I forgot one very important rule about closing a door: DO NOT leave your thumb in the door! He had already pushed the lock button on his key ring, so I couldn't even open the door to get my thumb out. I don't know if it was the anger or the adrenaline, but I didn't feel any pain at first, so I calmly asked him to come back and unlock the door. He sauntered over, thinking I had forgotten my purse in the car. He was a little shocked when he saw my thumb, but I don't think he ever apologized at all. After releasing my digit we continued into Taco Bell, as we ate my thumb began to throb agonizingly. A few weeks later my thumbnail fell off, and I dumped the guy.

Hope your Valentine's Day is more good than bad today!

  Pin It I link up to these parties.

5 comments:

  1. That would be a hard Valentine's day to forget. Better to lose a thoughtless boyfriend. Congrats on the baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess it all turned out well in the end :)

      Delete
  2. What a cool thing to do on Valentine's Day - have an ultrasound done of your baby! Keep the memory of this Valentine's Day and forget that other one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valentine's Day at Taco Bell?! Almost too bad to be true. Poor you. Visiting from Mama Kats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, at the time it was bad. Now it's just funny to look back on ;)

      Delete

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.