Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lemon cream pie (recipe).


Earlier this month, my mom and step-dad came out from NY to visit, enjoy the SoCal weather, and celebrate the coming baby. We had recently been up to LA to see Matt's father, and he sent us home with several dozen lemons from his tree. When my mom saw the giant bowl of lemons, she knew just what to make with them: lemon cream pie. This was so good, we actually made it twice while they were out here! She got this recipe from my aunt, who adapted it from a recipe she saw in a magazine (my mom had no idea what magazine).

This recipe is really easy, and the flavor is amazing. This pie would be heavenly topped with whipped cream, but it doesn't need it. The sweetened condensed milk adds a nice creaminess that balances the tangy lemon. I will definitely be making it again soon.

Lemon Cream Pie
Makes one 9" pie

Ingredients
35 gingersnap cookeis
6 tbs melted butter
2 eggs
1 can condensed milk (14 oz)
1 tbs lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice

Instructions
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f.

2) Pulse the gingersnaps in the food processor until they are fine crumbs. Mix in the melted butter, and press into the pie dish to make the crust. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes.

3) Whisk together the eggs, condensed milk, lemon juice, and zest. Pour the mixture into the cooked crust. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (until center begins to set).

4) Let cool at least 1 hour before serving. Pie can be kept in the refrigerator for several days.
 Pin It I link up to these parties.

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the gingersnap crust! This looks SO delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, thank you so much for joining Our Little Family Adventure's Friday Facebook Community Party and sharing your recipe with us. This pie looks easy and delicious. I hope you'll join us each and every Friday for the Facebook Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I bet the ginger and lemon flavors go very well together! Thank you so much for coming by the party, hope to see you again tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.