Sunday, April 29, 2012

A zen garden and various updates.

One of our favorite wedding gifts was this big beautiful rectangular metal centerpiece (it's 3 feet long). It's meant to be a reflecting pool (and it's beautiful that way). However, since it's still water, it get's grimy and nasty fairly quickly. Once a month, I had to dump the water out, wash all of the rocks, and then refill it; that got old fast.

Our solution was to turn it into a zen garden instead. I filled it up with sand, added a few of our river rocks, then played around to make the patterns (I used a serving fork since we are still looking for the perfect little rake). Now I don't have to worry about cleaning it, and I have a fun little zen garden to play in when I'm bored, or just need a relaxing little break.

Our new zen garden (top); reflecting pool with floating candles (bottom)

I also want to share a few exciting bits of bloggy news. I have finally created About meBlog roll & link parties, and Awards and features pages. Go check them out to learn more!

I am also signed up for two wonderful blog projects: Get Your Chef On, and Trading Blogs. Click on the buttons below to learn more about these exciting activities!

1 comment:

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.