Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Peanut butter and apple sweethearts (Get your chef on).


It's time for the third Get Your Chef On challenge, and this edition is all about peanut butter! To be honest, time sort of snuck up on me. I had grand illusions of baking, but the weather never cooled down enough to turn on the oven, so this is sort of an un-recipe (but pretty darn cute if you ask me). 


All you need to make these are apples, peanut butter, a small cookie/fondant cutter (less than an inch across), and a piping bag/tip. I made hearts (because that's the cutter I had), but you could absolutely find a cutter that matches your theme. 


Slice the apples thin. Since you'll be cutting shapes out of the slices, you don't have to worry about coring the apple at this point.


Cut your shapes out. I used this little bitty fondant cutter for most of them; on some of the bigger slices I used a bigger heart cutter, but I like the tiny ones better.

Pipe a dot of peanut butter onto each apple heart. I wrapped the PB in plastic wrap before putting it in my piping bag to make clean up easy.

White Lights on Wednesdays








Pin It I link up to these parties.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing. They're too cute! My kids would love these!

      Delete
  2. What Heather and Britt said- Sweet and Cute- perfect fresh PB and APPLE post-- For us HOT States!! :) Love this idea! Thank you so much for linking up with GYCO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using the oven wasn't happening here either. I like your solution! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I refused to cook all last week because it was too hot! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple and peanut butter is one of my go-to snacks. Now I can even serve it at a party, brilliant! Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, apples and pb are so good together. Yours are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a creative idea! That would surely be the way to get my daughter to eat apples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this looks so cute and delicious!!! I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These kind of post are always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content so I happy to find many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, Thanks for posting this informative article.
      best bars to host Corporate Gatherings Singapore

      Delete

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.