Thursday, August 30, 2012

Buffalo pulled chicken (slow cooker recipe).


I found this fabulous recipe for Buffalo Chicken Sliders over at Theresa'a Mixed Nuts, and I knew I had to make it. This chicken was honestly the easiest slow cooker recipe I have ever made; there are only 5 ingredients, and one of them is water! I had everything I needed to make the meat, so I tossed it into the crock pot as soon as I finished reading the recipe. I didn't have rolls to make sliders with, so we piled the chicken on top of some criss-cut french fries - Delicious!

It was just the two of us eating that night, so I made two chicken breasts, and we had some left over for lunch the next day. This can easily be doubled (or even tripled) if your cooking for a crowd though!

Buffalo Pulled Chicken
Serves 2 to 3; adapted from Theresa's Mixed Nuts

Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2  cup hot sauce (I used Frank's)
1/2 cup water
paprika, cayenne, and/or chipotle powder to taste
1 cup grated cheese (I used colby-jack, but cheddar would be great too)

Instructions
1) Combine chicken, water, and hot sauce in your crock pot. Set to high and cook for 4 hours (add an extra hour if you are using frozen breasts, or doubling the recipe).

2) Use two forks to pull apart and shred the chicken. Sprinkle in paprika, cayenne, and/or chipotle powder to taste (paprika is the mildest, chipotle is the spiciest; I used about 1/2 ts of each). Cook on low for 1 hour more.

3) Stir in 1/2 cup of the grated cheese and allow to melt. Serve with more cheese sprinkled on top.

I link up to these parties.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it! I haven't tried it on french fries. Will have to try it that way next time. I also love how easy it is to make and since it's a crock pot meal, easy clean up too!

    I didn't realize I wasn't following you on GFC. I fixed that and am following now :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! Thanks so much for linking up at One Creative Weekend! Enjoy your weekend. I'm following you via Linky Followers. I'd love it if you followed me back.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you! I try to reply to every comment (by email, or by commenting back on your blog). Thanks for stopping by.